Date: Tuesday, October 27th, 2015
Time: 6:00 PM
Location: Empire Brewery Company, 120 Walton Street, Syracuse, NY 13202
Program: Young Engineer is ASHRAE (YEA) Event – Brewery Tour and Happy Hour at Empire Brewery Company
The Young Engineers in ASHRAE (YEA) event will feature a brewery tour and happy hour at Empire Brewing Company’s brewpub located in downtown Syracuse. Empire Brewing Company is an award-winning brewer of handcrafted ales and lagers. The company’s brewpub at Armory Square is a contemporary downtown bar and grill with a brewery on the premises. Empire Brewing Company strives to become as green a company as possible. Some of the company’s sustainability initiatives include:
· sending the spent grains from the brewing process to a local livestock company for livestock feed
· reusing our spent fry oil as livestock feed and for bio-diesel conversion
· implementing a recycling separation program
· using biodegradable paper products
· integrating the use of eco-friendly detergents and cleaning supplies
· replacing old equipment with Energy Star rated products
· creating a waste minimization program in food preparation
· using 100% New York State produced renewable energy
· using locally-sources ingredients whenever possible
Appetizers and a first round of drinks will be provided!
RSVP via our website by October 23rd. Contact Enrica Galasso – email@example.com – (315) 432-7878 for assistance with reservations and more information.